WebFirst is seeking a Content Strategist for work on dynamic federal websites. Must be a self-starter, willing to make decisions, help drive strategy and own tasks through to completion. Must also be comfortable working solo and/or with a small team.
- Content Migration - Lead efforts to migrate the content (non technical) from source legacy site to new Website. (spreadsheets, coordination, etc.)
- Ability to write & re-write content in plain language (e.g. 8th grade reading level)
- Conduct ROT Analyses, content audits and generate content inventories, content models and taxonomies for websites
- Working knowledge of user experience fundamentals and demonstrated experience integrating into a full web lifecycle team including front-end developer, visual designer, information architects and user experience designers a must
- Interface with client on a regular basis to understand requirements and inform strategy
- Build effective relationships with client and Subject Matter Experts to develop joint vision for ongoing projects.
- 5 Years’ experience minimum as Content Strategist working in web environment
- Strong understanding of web development technologies, content strategy/audits, accessibility, and web content management systems (Drupal preferred)
- Experience crafting content strategies for websites, assisting in creating personas, assisting in wireframe development, modeling content, and developing/implementing taxonomies.
- Strong analytical skills and solutions-oriented thinking, writing and verbal communications skills, interpersonal skills, customer relationship management skills, and flexibility are a must
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while collaborating as needed with a team
- Beneficial Experience:
- Working in the government domain
- Developing training materials for Web CMS users
- Experience developing UX / Wireframes & Sitemaps is a plus!
Position Type: Full time Salaried (W2)
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Public Trust clearance is required. Must be able to pass a security clearance for federal contracting work.
Location: Rockville, MD (Telecommuting options are available after an initial ramp up period.)
Samples: Please submit writing samples
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.