Are you a creative and innovative Data Manager that wants to help solve big problems in the areas of public health and clinical research? Then, consider joining our team - WebFirst is an award-winning technology company that is building cutting edge technology solutions in the areas of global health, education, agriculture and international development. building Data Rich applications and data analysis is our specialty, with clients such as: US Department of Agriculture, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Medicare and Health and Human Services!
This position will be working with our client: The National Institutes of Health
Location: Baltimore, MD – Bayview Campus
We are open to (1-2 days/week telecommute) after an initial f/t ramp up period in our office working with our client team.
This is a Full Time Salaried Position.
Primary Role: To Develop, maintain, and analyze a data archive that includes very large and longitudinal data sets accessible to multiple users:
- Must have experience in epidemiology and/or public health informatics, with familiarity setting up and working with datasets related to longitudinal and cohort studies, preferably in a medical research setting.
- Present data in charts, tables, and graphs, using software such as PowerPoint, R, Excel, or SAS, which can be used for scientific publications, and professional presentations (including poster and oral presentations).
- Clean (identifying and correcting data entry errors and/or missing values, inconsistent values) data from cross-sectional and longitudinal studies;
- Create derived variables, annotate data analysis programs; archive and protect data;
- Create and maintain documentation of datasets and associated data management information;
- Manage large publicly available datasets in the local environment including applying for data access, identifying storage needs for data, downloading data and archiving them in secure environments
- Advise fellows and guests on appropriate variables; create datasets for projects; assist and train fellows on how to gain access to appropriate data files; run programs for off-site fellows;
- For large consortia studies, create/send datasets, and analyze data according to approved standardized protocol;
- Maintain network capabilities and software, including monitoring the capacity of virtual drives, backing-up and deleting old files no longer needed, periodically surveying employees about current and future use;
- Assisting in monitoring software use and license renewal;
- Perform mid-level data analysis, including descriptive statistics, linear and logistic regression;
- Under supervision of Staff Scientist, program and run more high-level analysis.
- Collaborate with staff on technical writing including co-authoring of articles for journal submission;
- Maintain COTR certificates to write, monitor and approve payment for services obtained by contract;
- Initiate and participate, as needed, in meetings and conference calls between PIs, contractors and collaborators to solve specific data management issues;
Candidate must be/have:
- Master-level person with at least 5-years experience in data management of large multi-dimensional longitudinal datasets; knowledge of SAS and R essential; knowledge of other statistical packages desirable;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to work independently and in groups;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Public Trust Clearance (Criminal / Civil background check) required
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.