Duties/Tasks And Responsibilities:
Webfirst is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to deliver the next generation web and mobile technology solutions for our federal health client. You will support our team in build and delivery of new and innovative approaches to implement the latest in Content Management, mobile/Augmented Reality, Transcription/Translation, and IOT / Home speaker appliances. The responsibilities of this position will be to provide DevOps automation and deployment of virtual cloud-based services and to provide systems admin and network engineering support for our clients. This position is responsible for deploying, updating, and testing enterprise systems in various cloud environment. The candidate is required to coordinate across multiple groups, organizing site deployments according to established customer procedures, often involving multiple stakeholders. They will be will have to coordinate activities across multiple systems.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
- Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
- Provide System admin and Network Support for our clients and internal Development team in Linux and Windows
- Manage enterprise-wide Apache web servers, Drupal / content management servers and in a / CentOS / Ubuntu / Windows OS environment
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure services in various cloud environments (e.g. AWS, rackspace, Digital ocean) to deliver highly scalable services
- Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, and share a passion for what they're creating.
- A few examples of technologies you will work with:
- Acquia Cloud / DevDesktop
- JIRA & Confluence
- 5 years of Unix/Linux administration
- Windows System Admin experience
- Very strong scripting and automation skills
- Solid experience and background working with cloud services
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- A solid Ops foundation
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies such as Jenkins
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Public Trust clearance is required - Must be able to pass a government background check for federal contracting work.
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.