Are you a creative, innovative and driven full-stack developer that wants to help solve big problems in the areas of health and education? Then, consider joining our team - WebFirst is an award-winning web & mobile application development company that is building cutting edge technology solutions in the areas of global health, education, agriculture and international development. Drupal is our specialty, where we have developed Drupal sites across the federal government and non-profits. Our federal agency clients include: US Department of Agriculture, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Medicare and Agency for Health Research Quality! For more on our case studies - take a look at: http://webfirst.com/casestudies.
WebFirst is looking for a strong technologist experienced in designing and architecting Drupal solutions. The Drupal Architect will collaborate with UX/UI, front end developers, and system administrators/DevOPS professionals to define and craft a technology roadmap to develop a Drupal Platform, develop Drupal-based enterprise applications, migrate legacy sites to Drupal, and provide best practice consulting on Drupal and web architecture.
Location: Rockville, MD - at WebFirst HQ
EXPECTED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or in a related discipline, Masters preferred.
- Prior experience building, leading and architecting Drupal 7 & 8 applications.
- Ability to guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems.
- Develop the Architecture for incoming projects
- Provide Technical consulting for the Business development side of the company to include:
- Direct interaction with client on sales pitches
- Technical estimation
- Technical oversight of company projects:
- Develop and enforce company coding standards
- Mentorship of more junior developers
- Code reviews
- Understanding the project development life cycle, particularly agile methods
- Support director-level management and provide guidance for company initiatives
- Knowledge of, and experience working in all of the following operating systems: Unix, Windows Server, Linux
- Experience with data-driven Web sites and/or applications.
- Proven track record of contributions to drupal.org projects
- MySql or Sql Server DBA-light
- Advanced debugging skills
- Experience with high-performance Drupal sites (e.g. Memcached, Varnish, load balancing, etc.)
- Ability and desire to learn independently
- Broad and foundational understanding of the standards, protocols, and technologies that underpin the web.
- Automated testing with Behat, PHPUnit, or similar frameworks
- Advanced configuration management workflows for Drupal 8
Public Trust clearance is a requirement for Federal contracting work. For permanent hire consideration and eligibility you must be able to pass a government background check.
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.