Hybrid Mobile Developer
Are you a creative, innovative, driven mobile developer that wants to help solve big problems? Then, consider WebFirst - We are an award-winning web & mobile application development company that is building cutting edge technology solutions in the areas of global health, education, agriculture, and international development. We work in the latest technologies - from Drupal 8 development to IOT (Alexa) to mobile applications. We have engaged clients across the federal government and non-profits - Including: US Department of Agriculture, Health and Human Services, Voice of America, and National Institutes of Health.
Location: Rockville, MD or Remote / Work From Home / WFH / Telecommute
Duration: 3-6 Month contract
Rate is competitively negotiable, dependent upon experience
*Applicants must submit code samples and/or portfolio link
- 2+ years of strong experience in Apache Cordova and/or React Native hybrid mobile application development for iOS and Android.
- Experience in hybrid mobile feature development - Push Notifications, Camera, Location, offline data storage
- Demonstrated experience in developing and consuming REST/JSON services.
- Experience with version control (preferably GIT), continuous Integration, deployment and configuration.
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews and iterative development
- Broad knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Accepts and values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge
- Experience developing native iOS or Android Apps.
- Experience with server-side development
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Integration experience with CMS Platforms such as Drupal and WordPress
- Experience with Serverless and Microservices architectures.
Public Trust clearance is required i.e. Must be able to pass a government background check for federal contracting work.