WebFirst, an award-winning Web & Mobile Development firm, is currently looking for a highly talented & creative Information Architect to join our team.
Our clients are some of the most well respected names in education, health, agriculture and international development – working with federal health agencies. You will be collaborating with top notch talent in our development department. Our projects aren’t just web applications – our solutions help our clients accomplish their mission which advances their causes. If you want something a little bit different, cutting edge, fun and challenging, then WebFirst is the place for you!
Location: Rockville, MD - at WebFirst HQ
We are open to (1-2 days/week telecommute) after an initial f/t ramp up period in our office working with our team.
WebFirst is seeking an information architect to work with our customer and lead our team in the development and migration of a Health website & Portal. The candidate must understand their business models and goals and helping to define strategy, content, and features for the design of their web site. The candidate will work with a software development team as well, using an agile approach.
- Lead the IA development which would include our content strategy
- Create wireframes, site maps, and web behavior for data intensive websites and portals
- Analyze audiences and their informational and functional needs.
- Business / Requirements Analysis
- Conduct user research, such as user interviews, task analysis, and card sorting
- Define and update site architecture and navigation that serves as a blueprint of the site upon which all other aspects are built.
- Develop prototypes to test and validate redesigned website
- Must have strong communications skills
- Must have experience creating IA for public facing and intranet based websites
- Some experience with Content Strategy and/or taxonomy development
- Experience holding requirements sessions / user story development
- Experience working with agile development processes and designing for Content Management Systems
- 5+ years of experience performing IA
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Strong knowledge of information architecture-related software (Balsamic, mockflow, Visio, Axure, etc.)
- Working knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practices
- Solid understanding of Section 508 and usability
- UI / Web / Mobile / Response Design skills are a plus
For FT Salaried candidates:
WebFirst offers a competitive salary, and in-house training to all staff members. Our strong commitment to offering our staff a solid work-life balance is apparent in our offering of daily flex time. We like to have fun too – come join us at our happy hours, annual picnic and holiday party. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-match IRA program, an annual profit sharing program and paid holiday schedule.
If interested, please send us a portfolio information (such as project artifacts, requirements docs, sitemaps, wires, etc). We look forward to hearing from you.
Position Type: Full time Salaried (W-2) or 1099 Contractor Position (Temp to Perm) (strong preference for full time employee/conversion).
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Public Trust clearance is required. Must be able to pass a security clearance for federal contracting work.
Location: Rockville, MD (Telecommuting options are available after an initial ramp up period.)
Start Date: October 2, 2019
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.