Are you a creative, innovative, Drupaler that wants to help solve big problems in the areas of health and education? Then, consider joining our team as an intern - WebFirst is an award-winning web & mobile application development company that is building cutting edge technology solutions in the areas of global health, education, agriculture and international development. Drupal is our specialty, where we have developed Drupal sites across the federal government and non-profits. Our federal agency clients include: US Department of Agriculture, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Medicare and Agency for Health Research Quality! For more on our case studies - take a look at: http://webfirst.com/casestudies.
Location: Rockville, MD - at WebFirst HQ
- Drupal development experience preferred
- PHP / MySQL required
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Interest in full stack development (front and backend)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively
Areas we work in:
- Drupal Architecture Skills (e.g. experience with module selection)
- Drush and working with command line (linux)
- DevOps (dev/stg/prod) and source code repository (Jira, git, etc)
- Drupal API
- Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid environments
- Skills in LAMP (PHP) / MySQL development
- Experience with Apache Solr or equivalent
- Acquia and other Cloud
Public Trust clearance is a requirement for Federal contracting work. For permanent hire consideration and eligibility you must be able to pass a government background check.
Start Date: January 2019 (Spring Semester)
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.