Are you a creative, innovative, developer that wants to help solve big problems in the areas of health and education? Then, consider joining our team as an intern - WebFirst is an award-winning web & mobile application development company that is building cutting edge technology solutions in the areas of global health, education, agriculture and international development. While Drupal is our specialty, we also work in a number of other technologies including IOT, native/hybrid mobile, Augmented Reality, Machine Learning, Visualization, Chatbots, and Web Services. Our federal agency clients include: Health and Human Services, US Department of Agriculture, National Institutes of Health, Dept. of the Interior, and the Agency for Health Research Quality! For more on our case studies - take a look at: http://webfirst.com/casestudies.
Location: Rockville, MD - at WebFirst HQ
Commute: We require our interns to come into the WebFirst office.
- Strong Web and Mobile Development ability / experience
- Exprerience with front end frameworks - e.g. Angular, Node, React, Jquery, etc.
- PHP / MySQL required
- Drupal or other CMS framework experience preferred
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Interest in full stack development (front and backend)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively
Areas we work in:
- Web Technologies:
- Mobile: IOS/Android, Hybrid: ionic, React Native, Cordova
- Machine Learning and Visualization (e.g. Google AutoML)
- DevOps (dev/stg/prod) and source code repository (Jira, git, etc)
- Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid environments
- Object Oriented PHP development (Symfony) / MySQL development
- Experience with Apache Solr or equivalent
- Cloud Services (Acquia, MS 365 Cloud, AWS)
Preference given to candidates who submit source code samples of work they personally performed.
While we do not require Public Trust clearance for interns, our preference is for Interns that are able to pass federal clearance. Our permanent hire consideration and eligibility you must be able to pass a government background check.
Start Date: Summer 2020
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.