Webfirst has a current need for a Linux Systems Engineer to support our federal health client (National Institutes of Health). You will support our team to build and deliver new and innovative approaches to implement the latest in Content Management (Drupal). The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide Linux admin services and deployment of virtual cloud-based services with Acquia Cloud and Drupal 8.
- Management of Acquia Cloud services
- Supporting the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of migrated and new website features and functionality
- Guiding website architecture to ensure a logical website layout and/or navigation that is in alignment with business, customer, or user requirements
- Managing all technical aspects of the Drupal infrastructure—performing operations, maintenance, and upgrade tasks, implementing code patches, etc.—to ensure high-performance, availability, and security of all web solutions
- Providing technical support and user training, and assisting in the creation of technical documentation
- Work closely with development teams to deploy their projects into the production environment
- Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- A few examples of technologies you will work with:
- Acquia Cloud / DevDesktop
- Git / GitFlow
- LAMP Stack
- 5 years of Unix/Linux administration and Cloud Experience.
- Experience with Acquia Cloud and Drupal is a big plus!
- Willingness to learn and grow in the use of Drupal
- Experience creating or extending Drupal core/modules and practical knowledge of advance site building tools
- Experience with DevOPS tools and relational databases, Github/waffle, and SSH
- Willingness and openness to training and mentoring other staff on your team
- Strong scripting Skills
- A solid Ops foundation
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Cache (Varnish, Memcache)
- Apache Solr, SAML
- Web security
- Ability to debug and setup for local development
- Site optimization (module selection, caching, etc.)
- Utilization of APIs and RESTful web services
- Ability to estimate level of effort and hours to complete tasks
Must be able to pass a Government Public Trust Clearance.
Anticipated Start Date: July 22, 2019
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.