WebFirst is seeking an Project Lead / Information Architect / UX to work with our academic customer to help lead a small team in the development of a large Drupal website. The IA / Project lead must understand their business models and goals and helping to define strategy, content, and features for the design of their web site. The lead must also lead a small software development team as well.
- Team Lead / Project Management capabilities
- Business / Requirements Analysis skills
- Create wireframes, site maps, and web behavior to describe the intended user experience.
- Some UI/UX Design skills
- Analyze audiences and their informational and functional needs.
- Conduct user research, such as user interviews, task analysis, and card sorting
- Define and update site architecture and navigation that serves as a blueprint of the site upon which all other aspects are built.
- Develop prototypes to test and validate redesigned website
- Experience with the development process using Drupal or any content management system is a Plus
- 5+ years of experience managing teams and / or performing IA
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Knowledge of information architecture-related software (Balsamic, mockflow, Visio, Axure, etc.)
- Knowledge of Design
- Working knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practices
- Exceptional communication skills
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
For FT Salaried candidates:
WebFirst offers a competitive salary, and in-house training to all staff members. Our strong commitment to offering our staff a solid work-life balance is apparent in our offering of daily flex time. We like to have fun too – come join us at our happy hours, annual picnic and holiday party. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-match IRA program, an annual profit sharing program and paid holiday schedule.
If interested, please send us a portfolio information (such as project artifacts, requirements docs, sitemaps, wires, etc). We look forward to hearing from you.
Position Type: Full time Salaried or 1099 Contractor Position (40 hrs/week) (strong preference for full time employee/conversion). On Site position only (no telecommute).
US Citizenship is Not required
Project Location: Worksites will be in Berwyn, MD. Telecommute option is also a possibility depending on client requirements. Must be local to DC area.
Projected Start Date: approximate March 1, 2015
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Ping pong games on occasion
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.