Are you looking to join an innovative technology company that works in the fields of health IT, education and the federal government? Are you looking for a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth and listen to your ideas?
If the answer is yes to the above, you have come to the right place – WebFirst Inc.!
WebFirst is an award-winning web & mobile application development company working on the cutting edge of technology. We work with Federal Agencies (NIH, CMS, USAID, DoJ) in blending the best in technology with the needs of our global community. Our verticals include: health, education, and international development. Our team is passionate and motivated to help our world by delivering technology solutions that address the most intractable problems. Examples of our work include: a) mobile apps to collect assessment data in health clinics to help train their workers b) visualize an agency’s spending data using real-time data and charts c) using Content Management to help an agency’s web authoring processes.
Our long term vision is to help Federal agencies & organizations manage, visualize and use open data via the use of the latest in mobile and web technologies.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect into business accounts. You’ll learn how to identify, research & create lists of companies to target, and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities within the federal space.
The SDR will conduct high-level conversations with senior executives about their business, their marketing issues and their operations. The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team. This position has advancement potential within the sales organization, and the compensation package includes an uncapped commission structure.
- Learn and execute proven processes to generate new sales opportunities in the federal gov
- Must be comfortable working with management to generating lists via online database
- Must be comfortable with warm and cold calls to prospective clients
- Must be able to communicate effectively via emails
- Map prospective accounts around organizational structure, people and existing technology
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Orchestrate discussions with senior execs around their business needs
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Leverage CRM tools (e.g. salesforce) to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed in tech sales
- 2+ years sales or related market/business experience
- Candidates should have one of the following: content management/mobile/web/saas experience, sales experience or other related business experience
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and a great phone manner
- Knowledge of any of the following industry sectors a plus: heatlh, education, intl development & selling to the federal government
- A desire to do and achieve amazing things!
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you
- You want to make a real difference
- You are naturally entrepreneurial
- You are street smart
- Interested in helping us change the world by improving health, education and intl development
Prefer candidate to have some web/mobile/tech knowledge, i.e. with experience with various online sales tools such as:
- Contact databases (e.g. federal yellow book, hoovers, etc.)
- Mass email packages such as constant contact, mailchimp, tout, yesware, etc.
- Must be comfortable with using web/mobile databases and Microsoft Office.
Applicants should also be comfortable interacting with clients & prospects, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business, English, journalism, communications with a strong interest in the latest Information Technologies is preferred.
For more information, please see our portfolio.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
Must be local to the DC area.
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Ping pong games on occasion
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.