WebFirst, an award-winning web & mobile development firm, is currently looking for a highly talented, creative UX Designer to join our team. Our clients are some of the most well-respected names in health, the environment and agriculture, including associations and government agencies. Our projects aren’t just websites – our solutions help our clients accomplish their mission which advances their causes. If you want something a little bit different, cutting edge, fun and challenging, then WebFirst is the place for you!
You’ll be a key member of a team consisting of a Customer Experience Lead, Content Strategist and User Experience Researcher, supporting a premier federal healthcare agency, as well as other clients. The candidate will work with a web development team as well, using an agile approach. The candidate must understand our clients’ business models and goals, and will help to define strategy and features for their web sites.
Location: 100% remote
- Determining project requirements and specifications
- Creating user flows, wireframes, and mockups
- Analyzing audiences and their informational and functional needs.
- Developing prototypes to test and validate designs
- Presenting work to stakeholders at various levels
- Assisting with content maintenance and other work as needed
- 3+ years experience in UX design
- Knowledge of accessibility standards (e.g., Section 508, WCAG, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices in usability, plain language, and inclusive design
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Experience using prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Working knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices
- Experience working with content management systems
- Prior experience working with the federal government is a plus
Must be able to pass Public Trust Clearance after starting employment.
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, HSA, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.