Senior Drupal Architect / Delivery Lead
Are you a creative, innovative, and driven Architect interested in helping to solve big problems in the area of health? We have an opportunity with a large government agency to run a Drupal development team. WebFirst is an award-winning web & mobile application development company that is building cutting edge technology solutions in the areas of health, environment and agriculture. Drupal is our specialty, where we have developed Drupal sites, integrations, profiles, platforms, and large migrations across the federal government and non-profits. If you can provide technical direction at all levels of the technology stack while motivating and supporting a team of developers, and if you are seen to be the thought leader in the technical space, please join us.
· Lead department of developers
· Responsible for quality and performance
· Assist in the identification of functional requirements for client projects, establish the development standards for project success
· Understanding of technical support for a large Government agency
· Ensure that coding standards are maintained and improved (Facilitate effective code review)
· Troubleshoot issues in all areas of the application stack
· Demonstrate strong technical leadership
· Understanding of DevSecOps
· Proven technical leader
· 10+ years of development experience (theming, JS, and backend), Drupal module development, and some Drupal architecture skills
· 4+ years of Technical Lead experience
· 2+ years of Technical Architecture experience
· Above-average knowledge and experience with the Drupal API
· Skilled in dependency management with Composer
· Experience working in Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid environments
· Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively
· Fluency with Drush and working with command line (Linux)
· Knowledge of load testing and performance optimization strategies
· Passion for building accessible applications (Section 508 compliance)
· Experience with DevOps, source code repository (Git), and pipelines
· Detailed knowledge of web server configuration (Apache and nginx)
· Experience in Acquia and other Cloud offerings
· Familiar with Docksal, Lando, or Docker-compose
· Role is expected to be highly leveraged and may at times perform little to no coding.
· Can troubleshoot very difficult project and environment issues.
· Interacts with clients and easily gains client confidence.
· Guidance on estimation through the project lifecycle to produce high quality projects with both happy clients and budgets.
· History of delivering successful project solutions.
· Involved with the Proposal process
Nice to have qualifications:
· Experience with Apache Solr or ElasticSearch
· Experience with code quality tools like PHPCS and PHPStan
· Experience with testing frameworks Behat, PHPUnit
· AWS certification or experience
· Kubernetes certification or experience
The position requires a Public Trust Clearance and willingness to take our Drupal 10 assessment.
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
- Regular happy hours
- An annual picnic
- Holiday party
- Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, HSA, an annual profit sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.